203. A total 0 beginner


On #195 I told you about a program for an adult, who wanted to learn English, in order to settle and base in, say, Hong Kong, for example (this latter place has been changed). The adult: 0 beginner. This person had learned French at the school, quite long ago.

Here you have some further guidelines for this program. It's the first time I have such a case: adult and 0.



Document #2 (Document #1 was the stuff of post #195)


Finished 11/6/09 (Nov 6, 09)


1. This process of learning English can take… how long? 1, 6 years? It is a total new task for me (the teacher). Taking into account we will meet twice a week, for the class of English + his personal study and practice: he can need 6 years: the English language needs to be kind of interiorized, acquainted, familiarized, settled deep and naturalistic, and easy using and retrieving.


2. Goal: to arrive in Hong Kong and stay there: meeting and communicating with people, conducting everyday life, finding an academy, a house for his family, a job, contacting with a family known to me (teacher)…, what else?


3. He, in the class, tells me about what he has read so far on a simplified reader-book. In L1.


4. I comment on his strategies.


5. I tell him about what he has read, for him to feel and listen to the texture of English.


6. I think he should buy a new simplified reader-book (The one I gave him is grotty and so worn out!).


7. Grammar and vocabulary: the skeleton of language.


8. He should set a daily time for work and study, besides our classes together. The more he commits into this learning, the better.


9. I suggest: www mansioningles com. Click on “Curso de Aprendizaje”


10. Perhaps it’s sound to buy a book of CUP (Cambridge University Press). English Grammar in Use (beginners). Aim: do exercises after studying.


11. I suggest some strategies of learning.


12. He needs loads of oral practice in the class-periods.


13. I present some grammar and vocabulary from the simplified book.


14. For myself I revise the article I published, commenting on the awesome method of H. D. Brown and his suggestions and strategies. To refresh.


15. Practice the 4 skills of a language (L, S, R, W).


Photo from www ms-starship com . Captain Cook, like you know, discovered lands unseen so far by man, or by Western man.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2064. Connecting people from different countries

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

2445. We Had Nice Teachers To Remember!