231. Making a puzzle


Today I have re-discovered something definitely helpful.
It has happened a few hours ago, when planning my next class.
One key point with learners of English - young ones I mean, some 10 or 11 - is that simply it is hard for them to make, to say, a full sentence!
Believe me, I'm trying various ways.
Well, I have written a sentence we have used today in the class, namely 'Betty has got two cats, one is white and the other one is black'.
Ok, on another post I will let you know what we have done today with that sentence - this is not the point right now.
Coming down to the point of constructing complete sentences.
I've just done something so simple and quickly-doing!
I have written that sentence and then I have cutt off the words into single words, single pieces - a puzzle.
Well, something to be said: I've joined some pair of words together, in order to facilitate their work.
I usually don't prepare extra material: I programme the activities, objective, some prompt, etc.
Anyway, I assure you: they love this sort of game - or any game. Moreover if it is a competition between two of them, or all of them against me.
Have a try.
The map above is from digital-topo-maps com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2788. A Smiling Teacher

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?