417. Are these adolescents like the ones I treat?


Below is the source where I took this photo from. It's just wonderful, well outfitted, and I don't want to look down on the photo, but I personally wonder if it shows the adolescents I treat with. - One day teacher of English A said to teacher of English B, "Some months ago in a tutorial with one of my students, I asked him what characteristics belong to adolescence. His responses were (I've translated from Spanish):

1. Adolescents seek meeting with the group of friends, guys and girls. - By the way, I forgot it, this adolescent is 17 years old.

2. The adolescent seeks to detach from their parents.

3. His parents, the ones of an adolescent, often detach themselves from their children.

4. He, an adolescent, can already make use of his reasoning.

5. He begins to think about what has happened to him, about something harmful that has happened to him, and why it has happened.

6. He gets upset with his parents, friends. This getting upset is something more psychological than material.

7. Everybody thinks of making a family. Every adolescent thinks of this sometime.

8. He is concerned about himself: how to be easy with himself.

9. He thinks less of God. Now it's more important than ever before the way the teacher of religion teaches. This teacher is more important than the former books the kid studied, in which Jesus Christ appeared, in an catechetical way, with drawings and vignettes, etc.


Photo from titulate blogdiario com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo