420. He had a good monitor



One day teacher of English A said to teacher of English B, “The extra-class interviews in English, better if male teacher and male student, may achieve farther than tutorials in L1. There can be a teacher that picks up the students one by one, out of the classroom, to make an interview, as a reinforcement to speaking. That teacher, for example you, teases the student in English, you ask him questions, and each student, at his correspondent level of English – I’m referring to adolescents – will tell you some things about his own interests and circumstances.


A few days ago, in an interview with me, one student could manage only to say very, very few words. Another student, one of a higher-level group was telling me about the past Football World Cup, for about twenty minutes, with specific technical aspects I didn’t know about: I asked him to explain to me the play of his national team and he eagerly wished to tell me everything. Awesome.” / Photo from www mundounido com mx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2064. Connecting people from different countries

2065. Teaching grammar with meaningful examples