459. He is trying hard


One day teacher of English A said to teacher of English B, “Whenever I prepare a student to pass an exam by means of private classes, I try to help him be in good spirits right before the exam day. In the private classes we two have worked together, in an intensive period. I have made him work hard, study at home every day – the classes, albeit had every day, are not enough -, find and reinforce his personal strategies, give a meaningful view to the sentences we have practiced in drills and ‘fill out the blank’. He has made progress and I have made him see so. I recognize his correct answers to exercises, though they are small things. I never tell him the answers: I let him think and think. He actually sees his progress, and also sees the fact that he has worked hard, building up a demanding approach to learning English. I plan every class, and he sees his teacher is also trying hard. As a result he goes to the school to face the exam in good spirits, bearing in mind all the effort invested in preparing himself to pass the exam. He has worked more than what the exam might demand.” / Photo from: www chamex com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2445. We Had Nice Teachers To Remember!

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo