481. Big responsibilities


One day teacher of English B said to teacher of English A, “Assign small jobs to your students, to help them raise their sense of responsibility. A few months ago I told Álvaro to change the tissue paper of the eraser – we have a whiteboard. The soft part of the eraser, something made out of foam, can be removed, and then you cover one side with toliet paper, and so it can work very long, more than one academic year. Álvaro went to the bathroom of the school to fetch two short stripes of paper, to cover the erasing part of the eraser. I do it better myself, but I wanted him to do it, to get him involved in doing something for the others. Well, the result of the operation was not good, so to speak, but I don’t care. I’m more concerned for him to do something, small though.” / Photo: Cartoons of Don Quijote and Sancho, from: el cofre de mis recuerdos blog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2788. A Smiling Teacher

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?