637. Young people aim high




One day teacher of English A said to teacher of English B, “In the summer of 2008 I worked as a teacher in a summer camp, in Spain. I was in charge of adolescent boys. I had previously for long taught classes to younger students, namely Primary. I went to assist the course with a set of many games, ranging from vocabulary to oral presentations – however, the games were mostly so simple games. Oh, man, the games didn’t work.



My students didn’t like to be treated like little children at all. I was writing puzzles or whatever on the blackboard, whilst their faces looked upset. So, I had to replan the program. The result was not brilliant but I tried hard to encounter their interests and even more important to provide them with activities that could be useful for their future, like composing a resume (Curriculum Vitae), presenting a speech with a topic of their favorite school subject, and a job interview.” / Photo from: student in library. martinatc com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3656. Creating Genuine Communication in Class

819. As fresh as singing in the rain

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

2533. Concerned Teachers: Bravo!

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family