656. Serenity






One day teacher of English B said to teacher of English A, “Something that helps me manage the class and keep discipline is that at the beginning of the class I gaze at each student, randomly, in their faces, sometimes recalling their names. Each student feels being stared at, not like an ogre myself, but as their teacher. Each student, I guess, feels like involved in the class of English, after the math class.




Evidently I consider each student as unique. They’re not a mass of people in front of me. Someone told me this may be fostered with your gravity and seriousness as a teacher. This attitude doesn’t hinder from sense of humor. I call them by their names, and more when a disruptive spark arises. I call the disruptive student either by his name or by means of gazing at him, silently.


I try do all this as gently as I can, in order not to humiliate him because I shouted at him and denounced the wrong in a hoarse and crazy way. In no way do I shout right at all the class as a mass when they get jumpy.” / Photo from: wandtattoos-blog.de . Silhouette Berlin skyline.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2445. We Had Nice Teachers To Remember!

2064. Connecting people from different countries