688. Learning names and words in English

One day teacher of English B said to teacher of English A, “Once I found out that my young students liked one game a lot, and it was fun for them, and for me - you have plenty of games on ‘Labels’ on the right column in this blog. I then thought that if that game was so fun for them maybe I shouldn’t exploit it too long – we could play it again on a few days; it was useful to learn and revise vocabulary. Perhaps the game was ‘hangman’ or something like one student had to repeat the written words on the whiteboard.


This latter game was: I elicited professions, said by them, and I was writing those words like a network, with lines around pointing at the center of the board, where I had written ‘jobs’ in a circle. Then I gave them one minute to memorize the words, and one volunteer – many raised their hands – had to repeat as many words as possible, turning around so as not to see the board. His classmates were getting totally focused on the board.” / Photo from: canada - map fnetravel com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2788. A Smiling Teacher

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family