722. A lot of students love stories





One day teacher of English A said to teacher of English B, “When I was a child my brothers and sister used to read classics of literature. I mean, classics of literature in the form of juvenile literature, comics that adapted classics – in Spanish.



Thanks to that I got to know many classics otherwise I would have never read.



I admit that some teachers don’t like these modified version, for these books don’t show the original versions, as they were written.



However I’ve utilized abridged versions in my classes. For example Dickens’. Students often like stories, if they can understand the texts.



An extra positive point is that these books usually show interesting male and female characters who the students identify with, plus values like frienship, love, audacity, loyalty, perseverance, good humor, solving problems, the family... In my school the same books were used the next academic year, or within a couple years, by another group of students. It worked good.” / Photo from: bookcase - sale blogspot com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo