727. Exploring new ways




One day teacher of English B said to teacher of English A, “Once I had to replace and substitute a missing teacher for one class of his. The students were about 9 years old. I was asked to teach that class of English when I’d just arrived at school.



Obviously I hadn’t planned anything for the class. So there I was. They were some 25 or 30 students. I had to do up and improvise.



Since they were young students I invented something that they could hopefully like: a story made up as I would be talking along. During the story I was acting out too.



This happened some years ago. Summing up: the point was attracting their attention to focus on me and the story. I think this class turned out better than the usual planned classes I used to teach.



I think this way of conducting gave me another view of teaching, a very naturalistic one, let’s say. Also at that class I learned a new insight about the ways they listen to English, the way they can react to what they’re listening. However I always firmly recommend to plan classes.” / Photo from: eresmicolorfavorito blogspot com. Nublado. / One comment is awaiting for moderation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

758. Irregular verbs now and then

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

1188. Effort and eagerness are very important

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient