730. Communication for them is essential




One day teacher of English A said to teacher of English B, “Yesterday, while my wife and I were taking a coffee, at a local close by home, came to mind something about what you told yesterday about discussing a text in the class of English.



Something I remember from past years is that one day we did this very activity in the class, and the direction of the discussion, the conversation, was not only teacher-students and students-teacher, but yet something very useful for learning English: someone replied to what another student said, to express a contrary view of the topic, starting some controversy. This authentic communication in English in the class is great.



You know, the students listened to what their classmates said, and some others entered the dicussion.



One day I was tickled glad because I realized that I didn’t have to intervene myself, believe me, because they kept on talking amongst themselves. This is communication, genuine one. Were they aware of being speaking in English? I guess they were - so what? ” / Photo from: cincodias com. ejecutivos hablando móvil

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2064. Connecting people from different countries

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo