748. She loves her private classes




One day a teacher of English said to a colleague of his, “Like you know, I plan every class. Last week, however, I arrived at the center where I teach private classes to a boy of 13 or 14, and at the beginning I told him something like ‘Ok, I didn’t plan today’s class.’ Actually he has to study English harder... and learn how to study and learn, more importantly, I’d say.



Being honest I have a clear idea about what I have to do in the classes, in general. ‘What do you think we should do today?’, I asked him. And when he said what would-be more appropriate then, I had to focus on what he had thought preferably to do, not follow my ideas!



I’d dare to say that in this way he got more aware of his needs. I hope in this way he’ll become more autonomous, and the like. I’m a mere help, you know, and it’s him who has to attend the classes as the protagonist.



That week, he improved, because, like I said, he felt the protagonist of the learning English process, and I was kind of scrutches for him to walk then, necessary ones okay, but some day he won’t need those scrutches.



Well, better said, I’ll keep on standing by him to try open him more challenging ways to become a proficient speaker.



Remember, all in all, you teacher are the other protagonist in the class.

Well, man, perhaps, if you ask a student what to do in the private class, he can tell you he doesn’t know... This is part of the game, it’s natural. Such is life, it’s not regular. This is part of the great work of teaching English.” / Photo from: cooperpiano com. yamaha piano playing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2064. Connecting people from different countries

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo