757. Leading the correct way






One day teacher of English B said to teacher of English A, “What to do? About 2001 I was teaching a class-group of 13 and 14 years. One student, after the first few days of the academic year, was starting to tease his classmates, to insult them, to conduct in bad manners. I repeated, to him and the rest of the class, some basic rules of conducting in a classroom plus the reasons why.




However, this student kept on doing bad, disruptive things – and a few other students. At certain moment I told him, in a low voice, to wait for me after the class, for I wanted to have a word with him - for me and him to talk, in good words and making him think of the best way to behave. Nevertheless before the class had been over, this kid kept on misbehaving. The class was small. As things went on the same bad way, I stopped talking, and kept silent.




Then I explained basically the same rules I’d said before, making them think these new announcements meant one more time, meaning I should not repeat the instructions too much. I said further similar things, firm and very sincere, in a loud voice.




After the class I greeted them bye, until the next day, and I headed for the secretary office to call his parents. I thought these ones should know the story from the teacher before, not from the student. I tried, at every moment, all this would be something educative and responsible-making.” / Photo from: mike oldfield es. driving car

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2788. A Smiling Teacher

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?