775. Updating



One day teacher of English A said to teacher of English B, “Yesterday a friend of mine, another teacher, told me he had studied English in ‘COU’ for the last time. ‘COU’ was the last year in secondary education in Spain some years ago. Now he would like to be able to use English again.



I told him that ifhe re-started again to learn and practice English, he should remember much of what he knew; he should remember the grammar and vocabulary he thinks he has forgotten – actually it isn’t as if he had to start from zero again. The same, I think, would happen to me, if I wanted to speak some German again: I would remember much of what I learned when I was studying my degree of Philology.” / Photo from: fabianvorderegger com. Airbus 2050 concept


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo