801. The Internet. Our mutual friend





One day teacher of English A said to teacher of English B, “One of the big things of the Internet is that I’m connecting with teachers of English all the world wide: it’s something pretty good.




I tell other teachers about my experiences and also learn from them – otherwise I’d tend to do the same things all time in my classes! Also I learn everyday and literary English.





My students, for example, can benefit from some relationships with other youngsters from other countries, by using English when typing. We did this activity some years ago in my school. It was great.





Here the thing is my students’ parents and I are concerned with – we do recognize the Web has many big good things, more good things than bad ones –is that some of the relationships some kids could start and hold, through some social network, may be not appropriate, as everyone knows.





Like I’ve just said, we aren’t any against these networks.





Let me think.





A few parents and I were talking last week about that one of the main things we both have got to do is educating the kids in values, within a whole and integral education, in accordance to men and women’s dignity. Think that you wouldn’t let in someone you don’t know, at home.





Thus, I think we teachers might show and propose values to the kids; these latter ones will take the values they just wish to acquire. On the other hand, some parents told me that their kids and them use the Web in kind of agreement and mutual knowledge.” / Photo from: guardian co uk. I’d like to honor Charles Dickens in his 200 birth anniversary. You may know one of his books was Our Mutual Friend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2788. A Smiling Teacher

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family