812. Each kind of discipline for the kind of work





One day teacher of English B said to teacher of English A, “Many of us teachers get worried and anxious because our students behave bad and don’t want to learn.


Nevertheless, from what you’ve told me sometimes we teachers can face this trouble in a different way, by changing it into a great challenge. You’ve told me not to worry too much: things will change little by little, if they see my commitment and my interest in each and every one of them. I hope so.


Coming to the head, they’re free... but alike responsible of their own actions. One point, for example, about discipline and education: avoiding disturbing and teasing one another is not the ultimate goal. The ultimate goal, in this example, should be respecting others, helping, assisting, offering friendship and solidarity. All this should imply I respect their personal freedom, and also this is perfectly compatible with a minimum of rules, the schedule, small jobs in the classroom, respecting others’ dignity, setting an example by me and by their classmates... Even this way of management of the school will serve the purpose of helping growing their personality.


If I’m doing my best, so what? I ought to go on with my conducting in this way and stay calm.” / Photo from: noticias terra es. España defensa. Armada almirante Rebollo preside entrega de reales, despacho en San Fernando

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2788. A Smiling Teacher

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family