834. Can I really learn that foreign language?



I think the texts I chose for a paper by me, which were taken from H. D. Brown, in his 1989’s book, have no spare word, nor have any other texts in this book. This book is a must-read for teachers and learners of English or any other language. I’ve already mentioned the book on past posts: A Practical Guide to Language Learning. A Fifteen-Week Program of Strategies for Success. New York: McGraw-Hill.

As I said on other posts I wrote a paper about this book for a university journal. Today I’m starting to type one text from H. D. Brown about IQ (intelligence quotient) as related to Iearning a language. Some people may ask themselves: ‘Can I with my normal intelligence actually achieve to learn that language? I’m not too smart so as to really learn Spanish, German, Portuguese...' This expert states:

The first piece of good news is that a high IQ, as it’s traditionally measured, isn’t essential for successful foreign language learning. People with average intelligence can be very adept at learning a language, and those with exceptionally high IQ can be miserable failures. (Page 47).

Oncoming days, maybe one else, I expect to give you the rest of the text. Thank you for checking out my blog. / Photo from: confidence building. Daad program canada ca. Daad stands for Deutscher akademischer Austausch Dienst (German Academic Exchange Service).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

758. Irregular verbs now and then

382. A school... of fish

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo