883. Communication in classes



One day teacher of English B said to teacher of English A, “Usually in the short courses of English I teach my students respond to my questions and queries with only single words. I’ve got to make them say full sentences.

They know enough grammar to say full sentences. One thing I’m going to do is to elicit full sentences from my students, randomly. As I said, they’ve learned enough grammar of English in their schools.

Also something I wish to do is to ask them questions to make them listen to questions in English. It’s necessary they would learn to make questions. And the first step could be they would listen to me saying questions, listen to me asking them questions. ‘How do you come to this center in the morning? By car? Walking? What do you do on a regular day? How long, how much time do you play video-games every day? Do you help your family at home?’, etc.

Sometimes I just try and communicate with them however possible, with single words, but I must teach them to say full sentences, meaningful full sentences.” / Photo from: globalgiving org. student raising hand   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2064. Connecting people from different countries

2445. We Had Nice Teachers To Remember!

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient