896. The more words the better



One day teacher of English B said to teacher of English A, “ ‘Ruthless’. It’s curious: I’ve just finished to read a part of an English text I try to read every single day, and when I was putting back the novel and the dictionary in my bookcase, suddenly a word popped up in my mind, ‘ruthless’.

At that moment I thought that word could really exist, so I wanted to check and look up that word in the dictionary: it does exist. Was that word stuck somewhere in my memory or something like that?

Sometimes when I’m writing in English suddenly comes to my mind an expression or word that suits in the text I’m composing. Because of all this I think that in some way I keep learning and polishing my English, and I’m making a tank of vocab and idioms or ways of saying things in English that are useful for the moment when for communication I need words and expressions.

When I say 'communication' I’m referring to both written and oral communication.” / Photo from: langwitches org. interactive smartboard    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo

2445. We Had Nice Teachers To Remember!