1088. Making students practice questions




Teacher B said to teacher A, “Probably you’ve noticed that students usually ANSWER questions, but they don’t ASK questions. 

What could we do to solve this problem? All comments of readers will be welcome. 

First you can present the grammar of verbs: I'm referring to affirmative, negative and interrogative. 

Or you can use those patterns and make the students infer a conclusion. 

I would (maybe) present the grammar, after having used the three types of sentences (affirmative, negative, interrogative) in the classroom, in a practical and naturalistic way. For example, I would ask a student with the grammar pattern we’re learning, like for instance: What did you do yesterday? And I would expect an answer. 

I’d repeat the thing many times: I ask and a kid answers. 

After that, I would say to student A to ask student B. This is some way. Maybe I would implement something different, depending on the students’ response to this system. 

I’d try to use interesting stuff for the kids: soccer, music groups, films, current news... 

In any case I would adapt the system to the way that would result: sometimes you plan a class, but life itself in the classroom leads you to other systems or methods. The method you had thought of doesn’t work with such or such class-group. Flexibility!” / Photo from: elblogdejaviercaraballo blogspot com. efecto domino

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2788. A Smiling Teacher

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?