1330. Learning flavors in English



Teacher A said to teacher B, “Young children need visual aids, like posters, flash-cards, puzzles, plasticine, puppets, colors. 

They cannot think of abstract grammar sentences and phrases. 

If you use those aids, English is learned through images. I remember that once I was teaching kids of 6. The topic was flavors. I ordered the ladies of the dining-hall to prepare some salt, sugar, chocolate, orange, lemon. 

The kids were eager to participate. 

I was beginning my career then and classes were not very good anyway. The subject was about our daily surroundings, in English. 

One kid had to close his eyes and let me know the flavor he had tasted. It was funny to see their faces when they tried sugar… or salt.” / Photo from: thejuicymamas com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

2064. Connecting people from different countries

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2551. Agradecimiento a TeacherLingo

2445. We Had Nice Teachers To Remember!