1444. A good private teacher: using the dictionary



Teacher A said to teacher B, “It seems sound that our students use the dictionary to learn English. When they are 10 more or less it may be an adequate age to learn how to use a dictionary, a bilingual one. 

The dictionary is like a private teacher. 

For learning to utilize it I implement the following game in my classes. 

Oh, and by using the dictionary they become more autonomous learners. 

I write on the whiteboard for example the following list of words: be, beseech, believe, believer, bachelor, bee, banquet, been, being. They’ve got to tell me the order of sequence they keep in the dictionary. I work with the whole class as a group.” / Photo from: paperboy. www lendio com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2788. A Smiling Teacher

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family