1563. My adult students are nice people




I do not set any homework to my adult students, but they, on their own, study the worksheets I give them. It’s a nice thing. They take English very seriously, and learn words, idioms, ways to say things in English. 

One interesting point is that they tend to translate from English into Spanish. 

Sometimes I ask them in class is whether they understand a sentence BUT without translating it into Spanish. They usually say Yes, but their trend to translate is very strong: they’re sixty- something, seventy-something, someone eighty-something. / Photo from: lawn_mowing-smiley www cuttinuplawns com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2064. Connecting people from different countries

2445. We Had Nice Teachers To Remember!

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient