1661. Like preparing a delicious meal



I hand out worksheets to my adult students in class. 

Each worksheet consists of numbered sentences about a topic: everyday situations or stories – they like stories and I like to write them. 

First I read out the whole worksheet, among other reasons for pronunciation sake. 

The process I’m describing here isn’t the very same always. 

Afterward I have each student read out one sentence, by turns, also for teaching them how to pronounce certain words. 

As well I ask them something about the sentence they’ve just read out. I do that for making them speak in English. 

Other times after my general reading out I ask them to let me know which words they don’t understand. 

Summing up, my main goal for my students now is to reinforce speaking – not just single words but full sentences. Something else I implement is having them prepare presentations – they speak for a nice number of minutes. / Photo from: cooking homedesigni com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3658. Language Facts or Communication in Class?

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2064. Connecting people from different countries

2445. We Had Nice Teachers To Remember!

1020. Singing in the Rain (1952)