2628. What English should we teach... It's not clear



What English should we teach? What variety? As you well know, English is spoken nearly all over the world. 

Is it Queen’s English the one we should teach? Why not American English? 

English is a vehicle language for many people, often between people where no one is native, so… what to do? 

Currently you can find an article about this point in British Council web-site. You have a link in my blog, at right hand. 

We teachers maybe should teach a variety that everybody would understand – I don’t know well. 

Until last year I taught English in American English, yet my adult students preferred British English, because they said they would understand better (?). 

So for this year I’m going to change into British English – I don’t care too much in what variety to teach, don't get me wrong. Anyway I’ve started the course with them by speaking and reading aloud in BrE, or close to – I’m a non-native teacher so my English has something of Spanish influences, right? / Photo from: www wired com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2788. A Smiling Teacher

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family