3010. How to Set Nice Communication among Students


 
I’ve seen that committed teachers plan their lessons with their actual and real students in mind!
The ideal point would be for us teachers to plan lessons, and to plan lessons with our specific students in mind.
The list of students should be worked out quite much by us teachers. In that way we would plan lessons which match our students’ needs plus expectations.
I’m now thinking of my English language students: when planning my lessons I should bear in mind that some can understand more English than others. Also in that way I will plan activities that match my students’ level of English; even more, I think I will have to plan activities of different difficulty grade according to the real students I have in our classroom.
Or at least I will implement activities at different levels in the classroom: I can demand more from some students and I can demand less from some other students.
An example could clear up the point: today I asked them to say the meaning of some words in English by using a couple of words I gave them beforehand. I remind you that some of my students are adults, and now I’m referring to them and their classes.
Well so I asked a student to carry out that activity but he could use any words he could think of, and not necessarily the ones I gave him: this student has a lower level of English and I can’t demand from him the same as other students. His communicative competence is lesser and smaller than others’, and in order to achieve a nice communicative competence he can use the resources he has at hand, which are different from other students’ ones. / Photo from: facts-about-ducks www thefactsite com. The picture is just a nice illustration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3657. How to Develop a Lesson that Could Be Efficient

758. Irregular verbs now and then

2788. A Smiling Teacher

2540. Why Do You Shout So Much?

2212. Saint Joseph, father of the Holy Family